Ready, Set, Weekend with Simply Beautiful Eating
I could probably just write two lines for this blog and it would be sufficient because really? All you need to know is this:
You can make these spooky treats in less time than you can say BOO.
But wait. I just need to tell you this…. (you didn't expect me to just go away quietly did you?)
The long and short of these mummies are as follows: I got really lazy this weekend. Like really, really downright lazy. I’ve made treats from scratch almost my whole life, but with a few celebrations coming up this week and no time to spare, I had to think really fast.
I needed something quick as lightening to shoot for a Halloween post, so here’s what I did:
1. Pinterest (I mean, what did we do without pins and boards?)
2. The bulk food store (a truly magical place)
3. Searched my cupboard for things I rarely use (like black icing gel)
Have to admit...
These are stinkin’ cute.
Just in case you are not as lazy as I am, I’m going to share my all time favourite marshmallow krispy recipe with you. When I made these squares for my boys, they walked into the kitchen, walked out and the pan was empty within 5 minutes. OH the joys of boys.
Happy Halloween from Simply BOOtiful Eating!
3 INGREDIENT KRISPY MUMMIES
1) Melt chocolate in a microwavable bowl in 30 second increments. Keep stirring in between the 30 seconds until smooth and glossy. About 2 minutes total. 2) Dip marshmallow krispy squares into chocolate, coating the top and sides only. Leave the bottom without the coating. Place each square on a cooling rack. Once you are done, pop them into the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for 5 to harden the chocolate. 3) Remove from fridge or freezer and drizzle with leftover chocolate to make zig zag strands like a mummy. Place back into fridge or freezer to harden. 4) Place two drops for each eye with the black gel icing. Let fully harden and serve.
PEANUT BUTTER MARSHMALLOW RICE SQUARES -¼ cup butter -5 cups miniature or 40 regular (250 g pkg) marshmallows -½ tsp vanilla extract -6 Cups puffed rice cereal (*I have used brown rice puffs and it works well too) -3 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut or almond butter
1) In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir until melted and well blended. Remove from heat. 2) Stir in vanilla and nut butter. 3) Add cereal, stirring until coated. You're going to need muscle for this, trust me. 4) Using lightly buttered spatula or wet fingers, press into buttered (13 x 9") pan. Cool. Cut into bars.