Spicy Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
I got the cutest pineapple ice bucket from my friend Sarah for my birthday a few weeks ago, and I have been dying to use it! I've also been dying to make a fun new margarita, so i decided to incorporate the whole pineapple situation into it. So here you have it... the Spicy Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita!
Thankfully, Maggie was in town for the week, AND our intern, Natalie, started this week, so I had plenty of help for this shoot!
Here's what you need:
-tequila -triple sec -pineapple juice -lime juice -fresh jalapeños -fresh limes -fresh mint -simple syrup -chili salt -ice
Here's what to do:
1) Measure 6 cups of pineapple juice into your beverage dispenser. Top off with 6 oz. of tequila.
2) Squeeze the juice of 2 limes into dispenser, and also add in rinds.
3) Add 1/4 cup simple syrup, 3 oz. triple sec, 2 sliced jalapeños, seeds removed. Top with sprigs of fresh mint.
4) Stir contents of dispenser gently to mix, and top with a few cups of ice.
5) Before you pour and serve, take each of your margarita glasses, use a lime wedge to wet the rim, and place on a plate with chili salt, turning until rim is coated entirely.
6) Pour, garnish with a lime slice, fresh mint, and a jalapeño slice. Add a straw, and enjoy!
All i can say is.... YUM. This marg was DELISH and had just the right amount of spice. The pineapple got me thinking of warmer weather while the jalapeño and chili salt warmed me right up.
Enjoy! Until next week....