Strawberry Heart Mojitos
It may seem a bit early to start thinking about Valentine's Day, but we at LMP are always prepared and ready for the next reason to celebrate! And how do we best celebrate? With cocktails, of course! This strawberry heart mojito is sure to get you feelin' festive.
Here's what you need: -white rum -bottle of prosecco or rosé sparkling wine -fresh strawberries -sugar -fresh mint leaves -fresh limes -pitcher -muddler
Here's what to do:
1) In your pitcher, combine 2 tbsp. of sugar, the juice of 2 limes and the rinds, 15 mint leaves, 6 halved strawberries, and 3 oz. of rum.
2) Using your muddler, crush the strawberries, mint and limes to muddle with sugar and rum.
3) Pour bottle of prossecco into pitcher with muddled mixture, and once entire bottle has been added, use a spoon or cocktail stirrer to gently combine ingredients.
4) Pour your drinks into each of your cocktail glasses, allowing some of the muddled strawberries and mint into each glass.
5) Add one lime wedge and a few heart-shaped strawberries for garnish (see below for instruction). I also added some fabulous metallic pink straws for some easy sipping!
How to make heart-shaped strawberries: 1) Once you have thoroughly washed your strawberries, cut off the stem and leaves, leaving only the red body of the strawberry.
2) Cut into halves along the narrowest part of the strawberry, so the widest sides of the strawberry are intact.
3) At the top of the strawberry, cut a V-shaped wedge and remove. Then, cut the bottom sides to make straight edges that lead to the bottom point of the heart.
How cute are these guys??
Enjoy your long weekend... Until next week!