A Boozy Memorial Day Milkshake
As you know, we're pretty much always in the mood to party around here, but especially in the summer! If it includes booze, ice cream, and outdoor celebrations, we're IN. To kick off the season, we whipped up this Memorial Day milkshake with a boozy kick and killer toppings.
The fun thing about these shakes is that you can really make it your own with the toppings. We added red cherries, blueberries, sprinkles, a mini cupcake, edible flowers, and even sparklers! But you can really top it with whatever you want. Have fun with it and make it festive! We are celebrating the start of summer, after all.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 drops blue food coloring
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz. vanilla vodka
- berries for garnish
- pansies for garnish
- mini cupcake for garnish
1. Blend 1 cup of ice cream, 1 oz. vanilla vodka and 1/3 cup of milk with 3 drops of red food coloring and pour into your glasses. set aside in the freezer.
2. Wash your blender while the first layer of milkshake hardens for about 5 minutes.
3. Blend 1 cup of ice cream, 1 oz. vanilla vodka and 1/3 cup of milk and pour on top of your red layer. set aside in the freezer.
4. Wash your blender again and prep your garnishes while the second layer of milkshake hardens for about 5 minutes.
5. blend 1 cup of ice cream, 1 oz. vanilla vodka and 1/3 cup of milk with 3 drops of blue food coloring and pour into your glasses.
6. Top your final layer with sliced strawberries, blueberries, a mini cupcake on a skewer, or anything else you desire.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2-3 milkshakes
Happy Memorial Day!