Ready, Set, Weekend with Simply Beautiful Eating
I have to admit. I L.O.V.E. Valentine’s Day. Perhaps it’s the hopeless romantic in me or the fact that I’m married to a guy that is ALWAYS full of surprises, no matter what day of the year it is.
After 19 years together, it’s more of a challenge to find the perfect gifts to exchange. This year, I asked Steve what he NEEDS.
Lately, his needs revolve around the two wheeler he drives during the spring and summer, and that’s his beloved motorcycle. So, for his birthday (which was last October), I bought him new saddlebags. Only a motorcycle rider would be thrilled to have saddlebags.
Now, these saddlebags needed to MATCH the rest of the bike, which is painted with skulls (another thing that I could do without in my life). You’re getting the picture here now, right? Easy Valentine’s day gift – I’m going to pay for your skulls to be festooned all over your bags, Steve.
This past Friday evening, I was surprised by his gift to me.
He couldn’t wait until February 14th.
It’s “bad-ass” and was a dream of mine to own. The only problem is, I’m scared to unbox it. This isn’t unusual for me. I get intimidated by complicated things. There are so many buttons, dings and dangs on this thing, I don’t know where to begin.
Now, you’re probably wondering if these photos were taken with the new girl in town? NO.
I need to muster up the courage to take it out of the box and charge it first.
I CAN’T WAIT!!!
What about these crepes? So easy to make and even better with the new pan I received recently, which I’m not allowed to talk about. Wait for it. It’s currently under embargo until it’s release in March. Yes, you heard right. I’m going to be releasing it on my Instagram soon. Trust me, you are going to love it. These crepes literally slipped outta this pan with no effort at all. They cooked evenly and take a look at the results. No crappy crepes here folks.
Light, romantic and NO FAIL. Just like my sweet Steve, who I want to thank for being my best sidekick, always making me laugh and never ceasing to amaze me. He’s also one of my biggest supporters in this simply beautiful and awesome journey.
Happy Valentine’s Day.
LEMON & STRAWBERRY CREPES
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon melted butter, cooled
- zest from ½ lemon
- 1 package vanilla sugar (I used Dr. Oetker)
* note* - If you can't find this use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt and cooled melted butter. Add in the vanilla sugar and lemon zest.
2. Using a wire whisk, mix until combined.
3. Heat a non-stick crepe pan or skillet to medium heat.
4. Using a paper towel, lightly grease the pan with butter.
5. Pour ½ cup of crepe batter into the pan and tilt it so the batter covers the pan in a thin layer. Cook until the edges start to lightly brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Flip over and cook for a few more seconds until done.
7. Feel free to fill your crepes with anything your heart desires, then roll them up, or fold them into fourths.
8. Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, whipped cream....the sky is the limit.